Thursday, December 8, 2011

Maid Service

I received one of these magnets from my cousin many years ago, and I still get a kick out of it. It's such a cute and simple idea, and I have duplicated it several times to give as gifts to friends. I made a new batch to sell at a recent craft fair and managed to sell quite a few.


Here's how to make some of your own:

  • Magnetic sheets (I actually just recycled the magnets that come on the front of the phone book!)
  • Patterned paper
  • White or Colonial White cardstock
  • Buttons
  • Adhesive (i.e., Tombow, Xyron Sticker Maker, Glue Dots)

Using your favorite word processing or layout program, type up the text so that it fits inside a 2 1/4" x 2" rectangle. Print and then cut out the rectangles. Trim both the magnets and patterned paper to 2 3/4" x 2 1/4". Adhere the patterned paper to the magnet, and then the text piece on top of that. Use a Glue Dot to stick a button in the middle, and you're done!


The text reads: (top) Press Button for Maid Service
                  (bottom) If No One Answers Wait a Moment Then Do It Yourself!

Happy crafting!



No comments: