Sunday, November 6, 2011

Card Box & Monogrammed Cards

One of my favorite pieces of artwork in the Fall/Winter Idea Book is the Christmas Cards box on page 120. I knew it was something I either wanted to copy or use for inspiration. I decided on the inspiration because I thought a card box would make a great gift and workshop project.
I also decided it was time I made something for myself, and since I'm crazy about the Sonoma papers, I chose to use them for the project. I decorated the box first because I knew it would take me longer than the cards would. The patterns in this set are so elegant that I added some of the Opaques to keep the embellishments as elegant as the papers.
Although I absolutely love the purple flowers, the crystal charm is my favorite accessory on the box. It's the perfect touch!
I purposely made the cards without too much fuss. Even though I made this set for myself, it's nice to have some cards that don't have bulky embellishments that can drive up the price of mailing them.

I couldn't decide which side of the paper I liked better, so I went with the best of both worlds - five of each!

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like cutting dimensions or a supply list so you can make this project for yourself!

No comments: