Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blog Hop Special Edition: Washi Tape

Welcome to a special edition Blog Hop! This one is all about wonderful Washi Tape!


If you have come here from Maria Myers’ blog, you’re in the right place! There are more than 15 independent Close to My Heart consultants participating. Click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move through the Hop.

The Blog Hop is a great big circle. Start here and work your way around. If you get lost along the way you’ll find a complete list of participating consultants here. You can use this list to pick up where you left off.

Let’s get started!

We’ve had these My Creations Kraft Containers in the Idea Book for quite a while now, and I’ve had several on hand almost as long but hadn’t figured out what to do with them. This was the perfect opportunity to see what I could come up with.

I scanned the pages of the Idea Book for inspiration and funnily enough I found it on page 103 amongst a bunch of robots and gears! This got my wheels turning (see what I did there?), and the next thing I knew I was using the Timberline papers! 


I used the Chocolate Woodgrain Washi and a zip strip to decorate the lid.  Next I added more of the Chocolate Woodgrain, some Lagoon Houndstooth Washi, and a piece of the Timberline paper to decorate the rest of the container. 


I used a little Lagoon Washi to decorate the buttons, and then I ran piece of the hemp twine from the Wooden Mini-Medley through it and tied a knot. All that was left was to add the stamped image, tie it onto the container with more of the hemp twine, and attach the buttons.



TIP: When decorating 3D items, I highly recommend using Liquid Glass as an adhesive. It only takes a very small amount, and your items are guaranteed to remain attached.

Now “Hop” on over to Sheila Bennett’s blog to see her work, and be sure to visit each consultant’s blog for more creative inspiration. 


Supply List:

Z1833 My Creations Kraft Container
Z1930 Chocolate Woodgrain Washi Tape
Z1850 Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape
X7182B Timberline paper packet
Z1837 Wooden Mini-Medley Accents Collection
D1580 Catch You Later stamp set
Z2111 Chocolate Exclusive Inks stamp pad
Z2106 Blush Exclusive Inks stamp pad
Z1938 Sponge Daubers Value Pack
Z679 Liquid Glass

5 comments:

Melinda Everitt said...

Beautiful project! My husband would love this.

Sheila Bennett said...

Using Washi Tape is a create idea to decorate the round container! Also love the bit of Houndstooth on the buttons.

Lori said...

I LOVE this! What a great project!

Adeline E. Brill said...

I had to look twice - I thought it was woodgrain paper! So clever!!

Katy said...

OMGSH...LOVE the wood grain washi everywhere and LOVE the Lagoon washi on the wooden buttons!