Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cloud Nine and Stella Cards

As you may remember, Close to My Heart offered a fun card kit called Cloud Nine for National Papercrafting Month in January. I recently had a chance to sit down and put my cards together (I'd cut the paper weeks ago), and while I was at it, I decided to cut a second set using different paper because I really like the card patterns. I chose the retired Stella paper packet, partially because it had two of the same colors in it (Lagoon and Sunset) as the Cloud Nine. I used my Cricut to cut additional shapes for the sentiments, and I was ready to go!

I had originally thought I'd use the same Gold Polka Dot Washi Tape that came with the Cloud Nine kit, but once I started putting the cards together I decided the Smoothie Striped Washi Tape would work better. I love how both sets came out!





1

The other thing I did was use the Cloud Nine B&T scraps to make five additional cards. I had mistakenly cut some square White Daisy card bases that were supposed to be Colonial White, so they needed used up as well. 






These cards were all so much fun to make, and I am always happy when I actually use something up and don't have extras to add to my stash!

No comments: