Monday, December 31, 2012

Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - January: Happy Valentine's

Welcome to the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This time we're featuring the January set Happy Valentine’s, a set of 7 stamps. If you have come here from Adeline Brill's blog, you’re in the right place! There are more than 50 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their artwork made using the Stamp of the Month and other great CTMH products. Hopping is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one. The Blog Hop is a great big circle. Start here and work your way around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find a complete list of participating consultants here.

Here we go!

 
 
I was once again pleased with the paper pack I was assigned for this particular swap because the black, purple and cream in the Moonlight papers make such an elegant combination. I knew they’d make a pretty card for Valentine’s Day.
 
 
 
I took on the challenge of cutting my card base with a cut-out shape in the front and then measuring to figure out how to cut the same shape out of a piece of patterned paper and get it to line up correctly. I went through a few sheets of scrap paper until I got it right, but I was successful!


Supply list:
S1301 Happy Valentine’s stamp set
X7161B Moonlight Level 2 Paper Packet
1388 Colonial White cardstock
Z2105 Black Exclusive Inks stamp pad (for sponging)
44751 Archival Black Exclusive Inks
Z1393 Black Mini-Medley Accents Collection
Z1263 Bitty Sparkles
Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy Collection

 
My last two swaps have had very similar color palettes but with very different results. I am always impressed with the true versatility of our papers as shown in the examples below:
 
 

Now "Hop" on over to Maria Meyers’ blog to see her work, and be sure to visit each consultant's blog to get some great
crafting inspiration and other fun ideas! Don't forget, this exclusive stamp set is only available thru January 31st! Contact me to get yours today!

9 comments:

Wendy Coffman said...

Cricut genius! Thanks for sharing!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Beautiful!

Maureen said...

Great idea to use the 'halloween' paper! Love the colors together!

Haley D. said...

Very pretty!

Michelle Jones said...

Very pretty!

Kathleen said...

Who would have ever thought to use Moonlight, but your card is GORGEOUS and great ideas & beautiful cards in your swap!!

Karen Fullam said...

I love the look of simplicity with this card! Great Job!

Vicki Price said...

Thanks you guys! :)

Adeline E. Brill said...

I love the different color choices you made for this beautiful card!