Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back-to-School 2012

It's that time again for our family - school is once again in session! Ever since my son was in his second year of preschool I have made back-to-school cards for him and his friends and teachers. I think it's a simple little thing to do to help make something that many dread a bit sweeter.

The moment I saw our new Scholastic paper I knew I had to use it for this year's cards. (I also had to have it because my son and I are book lovers.) With a little inspiration from the new Idea Book and input from fellow papercrafters, this is what I came up with:


I love the "sketchy-ness" of the "back to school" phrase and thought pairing it with the pencil stamp made perfect sense. To get the blue tip on the pencil I first inked the stamp in Cashmere ink, and then I used an Outdoor Denim marker to color the tip. I used the same marker to sketch out my own "th" next to the 4 and "grade" just below it. I used both of our Cricut cartridges (Art Philosophy and Artiste) to cut some shapes, including the notebook paper which happens to be the reverse side of the paper with the numbers and letters all over it.

Feel free to contact me if you need a more detailed supply list or instructions on how to replicate this card.

No comments: