Tuesday, January 31, 2012

February Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - Thoughtful Tidings

Welcome to the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This time around we're featuring the February set Thoughtful Tidings (S1202) which includes 10 stamps. If you have come here from Kristine's blog, you are on the right path. The Blog Hop is a great big circle so you can start here and work your way around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find a complete list of participating consultants here.


There are over 50 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using the February Stamp of the Month and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This month is especially exciting because all of the projects include new product! The Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book became available February 1st!



Here is the Stamp of the Month. Such a versatile set!




I hadn't made a swap card with Elemental yet so it was the perfect choice for this month's card. (As part of my swap group assignment I had to choose a paper pack that carried over from the Fall/Winter Idea Book, so that’s why I didn’t use new paper.) I wanted to cut my card base using the Art Philosophy cartridge and decided to go with the same shape as the stamp image I wanted to use. I thought the little pop of blue (Pacifica) was a nice finishing touch.




The photo didn’t really capture how I did the sentiment very well. I actually stamped it in Olive on the coordinating shape, and then I stamped just the “thank” in Chocolate on a 1/2” x 1 1/2” piece. I used a piece of 3-D Foam Tape to pop it up.


Supply list:
X7141B Elemental Level 2 Paper Packet
S1202 Thoughtful Tidings
1388 Colonial White Cardstock (card base)
1245 Olive Cardstock
X5754 Creme Brulee Cardstock
Z2118 Desert Sand Exclusives Inks stamp pad
Z2111 Chocolate Exclusives Inks stamp pad
Z2137 Olive Exclusives Inks stamp pad
Z2192 Pacifica Cardstock
Z1705 Durables Studs (Square)
Z1464 Milestone Shapes
Z1151 3-D Foam Tape
Z697 Sponge
Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge

The first weekend in February was a very snowy one here in Colorado, so we were unable to have our monthly unit meeting. We all mailed our cards to each other, and I took photos, but then I forgot to add them to my post until now. Sorry for the delay!



We have two separate groups participating in our Stamp of the Month swap, but the cards are all so great that we want to share them all.



Now "Hop" on over to Kathleen's blog to see her work, and be sure to visit each consultant's blog to get some great crafting inspiration and other fun ideas! Don't forget, this exclusive stamp set is only available until February 29th! Contact me to get yours today!

8 comments:

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Cute card. Love the pop of blue.

life documented said...

Love the repeated shape and those durable studs are great!

Mary Eisen said...

Oh, I love this card! Love the pop of blue and the browns - they go so well with the brads! Great job!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

What a pretty card:)

Haley D. said...

Handsome card!

Christina said...

cute card :)

Patti said...

Perfect card Vicki...love it!

mani said...

Card is looking nice but have to change the design .
scratch cards printing
Discount Cards
scratch Card